Tarek M. Mekhail, MD, MSc, FRCSI, FRCSEd
Medical Director of Thoracic Cancer Program
- Medical Director at Florida Hospital
- Associate Professor at UCF
- Lung Cancer Specialist
- Lung Cancer (Thoracic Cancer)
- Kidney Cancer
- Head/Neck Cancer
- Aero-Digestive Malignancies
Tarek M. Mekhail, MD, MSc, FRCSI, FRCSEd is a board-certified internal medicine, hematology and oncology physician. He is currently the medical director of the Thoracic Oncology Program at the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute and an associate professor at the University of Central Florida. Dr. Mekhail joined the team from the Cleveland Clinic where he was the director of the Lung Cancer Medical Oncology Program.
Dr. Mekhail completed his medical degree at Cairo University in 1984. He then completed his medical training in the United Kingdom, where he earned fellowships of the Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh and Ireland. He completed his medical oncology fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Mekhail's extensive experience and leadership in the field of lung cancer are assets to our community, which can be attested by being voted one of the Best Doctors in America in 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh (FRCSEd)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI)
- Fellowship, Hematology and Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Residency, Otolaryngology, Cairo University Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
- Medical Degree, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Honors & Awards
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation Fellow of the Year Award Marquis Who’s Who® In America, 2011 and 2012
- Best Doctors in America®, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Best Doctors in Orlando®, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Best Doctors in Cleveland®, 2004 through 2009
- Hardis Chair in Oncology Research at the Taussig Cancer Center of The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2005 and 2009
- Teacher of the Year Award, Hematology/Medical Oncology Program, Cleveland Clinic, 2003/2004, 2004/2005, 2005/2006 and 2007/2008
- Fellow of the Year Award, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2001
- Southwest Oncology (SWOG) Young Investigator, 2000
PubMed.gov comprises more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Click the link below for a list of articles, studies, etc.
2501 North Orange Ave, Suite 689
Orlando, Florida 32804
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm